We believe that strong community engagement develops audiences and enriches performance. Integrating a local boxing community into Voice-Box is our ideal, but where none exists an Urbanvessel boxing residency introduces participants to the excitement of the sport.
Our workshop offerings include:
- Savoy Howe & Vilma Vitols – introduction to boxing for women, survivors of violence, youth and/or LGBT
- Juliet Palmer & Anna Chatterton – collaborative creation through improvisation, sound & text
- Anna Chatterton — creative writing for adults/youth/women/LGBT
- Julia Aplin – introduction to Mitzvah releasing and movement technique; dance (adult beginner to professional level); dance for children or youth
- Christine Duncan – extended voice and structured improvisation; vocal jazz; improvising choir (children/youth/adult/all ages)